Sunday, August 06, 2006

KRAK-thoom

There's a bit of thunder and lightning outside, but I don't see a trace of rain. I can't remember the last time I heard and saw such things here. Probably happened some months ago--maybe before the new year. It's remarkable, sure, at least enough to distract me from watching Mets highlights to post about it here. I suppose this means there'll be fires in the foothills because of the dry lightning strikes. Weather.com says there's thunder in the vicinity. Obviously, I was aware of that, but they don't have maps like they used to so I can geek out on the radar. They want to charge $20 a year for that, but fuck that, I say. There's a video now, but it's really wack. Just some dude yammering about my local weather. I'm a pretty suggestive guy, but when it comes to weather, I want to see radar, sattelite shots and charts. Give me numbers and graphical interpretations of super cells popping up on the mountain sides. Relief maps, barometric pressure, water vapor models. Just writing about it makes me kinda giddy.

No comments:

Footer

Life, as it happens.
Powered By Blogger