Friday, August 11, 2006

junk in the trunk

For me, this year's pretty much over. We're just about done sending our Sept./Oct. issue. and the next one will be the last one of the year. It'll be done some time in early October, so I'm already taking stock of 2006. I've already compiled of a compulsory list of my favorite songs of this year, and it's pretty extensive. I'd probably put just about the whole Thermals and Regina Spektor albums on there if I could.

I don't know how this leads me to Kelly Clarkson, but I'm going to try to tie this all together. This may get a little sloppy, so bear with me.

My roommate went to go see Kelly last weekend. She said she was awesome, and I'm sure she was. I was working, of course, while my roommate was enjoying my favorite (well second favorite, no one tops Shakira) pop princess in my favorite venue on the West Coast.

Actually, I'm not sure if I can tie this together. Let's just leave it at my roommie had bought a Kelly magnet for our refrigerator, and the last song I heard before I wisely evacuated the bar this evening was some dance remix of "Since U Been Gone." It wasn't as good as the regular version. If you were wondering. And I like that Kelly has some meat on dem big southern bones. It's ridiculous to me that people like to mention her weight.

Forget all that stuff about Kelly. I don't know where I was going with that. This Sept/Oct issue is going to linger around like a bad cough for the next couple days as we wait for ads and I sit in front of a computer approving the whole thing, which is the most annoying and tedious part of the process. In this lull in the action, I've had time to go through some of the albums I've received over the past few weeks and months that I haven't been able to take stock of, like the new Silversun Pickups record Carnavas, the new Heartless Bastards, All this Time, and other such stuff. It'll take a few days before I can actually bring myself to enjoy music again, however. It's enjoyable, I'll tell myself. Really.

Everyone I know--at least the bar going type--will be out of town this weekend, and I haven't decided whether I'm going to use that as an excuse to hibernate for a couple days or venture out to meet new and interesting alcoholics. Only time will decide, I guess.

No comments:

Footer

Life, as it happens.
Powered By Blogger