Wednesday, June 21, 2006

the longest day of the year

It's only 8:30am, and I've already been up for a few hours. I know this is par for the course for farmers and professional people the world over, but since I live in Neverland, I rarely have to live on grown up time.

I just got back from the Econowash with a sack of clothes so I have something clean to wear on the plane and greet my parents with. I'll be in NY at 9:15pm Eastern Time, barring delays, setbacks or catastrophe. If the plane does go down, all I ask is that I'm stranded on an island with any combination of Evangeline Lilly, Emilie de Ravin, Yunjin Kim and the dude who plays Hurley because he seems pretty cool. But since there's no island between here and there--save for Grand Island, NE, and Three Mile Island in Pennsylvania, neither of which are known for buxom female heroines or wise-cracking chubby Mexican dudes, I'm probably shit out of luck. I'll be in New York for almost a week, and on Saturday, I'll be attending the Brooklyn Hip-Hop Festival. The rest of the time will be spent schmoozing with publicists, watching the Mets with my mom and dad, hanging out with my lunatic dog and eating White Castles.

Last night, about 2am, we had a blackout here in the neighborhood. I've seen enough horror movies to assume, right off, that some cankerous maniac had cut the power and was waiting outside for the right time to strike. I called the police, and the pissy operator informed me that it was just a regular old blackout and not the homicidal maniac sort. I like blackouts in the daytime, not at night, and not the night before I have to hop on a plane. I used my cell phone as a flashlight and, since I couldn't sleep in my room for fear of home invasion, I crashed on the couch in pajama pants and a Johnny the Homicidal Maniac T-shirt. My roommate found me and my gnarly feet this morning. I hope she wasn't too frightened.

Well, time to pack. I'll be updating while I'm back east (I haven't been the best blogger lately anyway...or ever for that matter), but I'll leave you with this:



Now, I love me some Cat Power...but Chan's no Paula Abdul. Straight Up! Oh yeah, I got to interview Steve Shelley from Sonic Youth. I totally geeked.

2 comments:

Erratic Prophet said...

Damn. That's some....dancing? Or a seizure.

Michelle said...

LOL, even that puts me to shame!

Footer

Life, as it happens.
Powered By Blogger