Friday, November 04, 2005

well. at least that's over.

I turned 29 on Tuesday. It was about as unexiting as it sounds, but I tried to spice it up with a variety of events and managed to have a very good time.

I took Sunday off from my epic bender. I didn't leave the house. I had a chicken cutlet parmeggiana hero and a tray of rigatoni and meatballs delivered to my house. I had the sandwich for lunch and half of the pasta for dinner. I moped around the house. It was beautiful.

Halloween was just about the most unproductive day of work I've ever had. And that's saying something. I went to lunch at my favorite breakfast/lunch place and had my first french dip, though. I can't believe I've never had one before. Another thing to check off the list, I guess. That night, though, I went out to the bar down the block to watch a bunch of shitty punk bands and they put on a really good show. The last band that played was a Misfits cover band, and I ended up carrying a coffin with the lead singer inside into the venue. We stood the coffin straight up, he emerged, we set the coffin down and they opened with, of course, "Halloween." It seems like a lot of hoopla for a cover band, but damn they were a good time.

They kinda suck, but the Misfits kinda suck. It's a good thing they wrote such killer songs. Songs so killer, the shittier they sound, the better they are. I sang a lot and pumped my fist and raised my pint glass and howled and, for a change, let myself get really excited.

On my birthday, my desk was covered with sheets of paper wishing me a happy birthday, and my chair was wrapped in a red ribbon. I went in late and left early so I could pick up a keg for a party. I've never really picked up a keg before. I've been to plenty of keggers, but usually, I'd just get a variety of alcohol for a party. The keg was free, though, thanks to my job, so I figured why not?

A keg is an awful lot of beer, but I guess that's a good thing because the people who came ended up drinking an awful lot. So did I. One of my friends DJ'ed, we made a huge ass dinner, and people stayed till about 3am. Given the week of debauchery everyone I know has seemed to be involved in, I was happy that people actually showed up and had a good time on a Tuesday night. For gifts, I received a bottle of Bacardi bowl of bruschetta, three loaves of garlic bread, a refridgerator full of Guinnes and an adult DVD featuring Autumn Austin. Not a bad haul.

Last night was another coworker's birthday, so it was time to go out again. I had a velvet hammer, which is kinda like a black and tan made of Guinness and champagne. The first sip was just about the gnarliest thing I've ever ingested, but it got much better after that. The rest of the night was pleasant and I got home just after midnight.

Today, I'm happy that I don't have anything to do for the rest of the week. Halloween's over. My birthday's finally over. I can just sit in the house and relax. Alias was pre-empted for the Pirates of the Caribbean, but I still haven't watched the one I taped two weeks ago. I'm watching a rerun now. I don't know how old it is. But Sloane's super evil and he's not wearing turtlenecks.

1 comment:

Erratic Prophet said...

Gotta love evil, daddy of all hipsters Sloane. They also need more snarky Daddy Jack and evil or isn't she? Mommy Irina. Otherwise I must abandon all hope for this season. I'll still watch and hope Balthazar loses a shirt during a torrential downpour, but my heart won't be as into it.

Footer

Life, as it happens.
Powered By Blogger