Wednesday, November 16, 2005

over 12,000 served

I should be asleep, but that's okay. I'm getting pretty tired. I'm supposed to leave here around 9am tomorrow, and it's pissing me off to no end that it'll take us longer to drive to the airport than it will to fly to Seattle, but that's the way things go when you live in cow town.

The Mudhoney interview got chopped and screwed. It's still going to happen but we're not going to be able to get the full band together for pictures. I'll be talking to Mark at his job, and I'm pretty excited. I spent all night tonight reading interviews spanning back years. It was funny to read one from 1990 and one from 2004 back to back. All those kids were such immature punks back then. Too cynical and apathetic for their age, maybe. I guess we all were like that. I don't think any of us thought we'd get to be this old.

I think R's right about the 29 thing. It seems like every day I get more depressed, and I don't have anything to be depressed about, except the inert mass of my body type and the impending, crippling doom I feel everytime I go to pay bills. I'm thinking the change of scenery for a few days will do me good, even though anything remotely work-related stresses me out to no end. I pulled a long day today to ensure things got done. I did an interview with a small-time director I really like, transcribed it and finished the feature all in one day. I should have felt more accomplished than I did. Afterwards, I realized that I didn't have a recorder that I could take for my interview tomorrow, and that caused a mini breakdown. It's like I've got PMS.

I have no idea what I'm going to talk to Mark about. I definitely don't want to say, "so you guys are still around and all the other bands you used to play with aren't. What's that like?" because that was in every recent interview I read. I suppose because it's a good question. And the few people who remember they were that band Nirvana liked were probably wondering the same thing.

I went out to Wal-Mart and bought the snazziest (really the cheapest) digital voice recorder I could find. They didn't have any of the regular tape ones. They had one of the small cassette ones, but it was just as much as the digital gizmo and they didn't have any of the cassettes it required. The digital's nice--small and light--and when I tested it out, the sound quality was really good. Afterwards, I went to In-N-Out, because it's right across the street.

So, I guess that's it until Sunday. With any luck, the gloomy cloudiness of Seattle will help me realize how good I have it hear in nauseatingly sunny California.

2 comments:

Erratic Prophet said...

Ask yourself this: When is R ever wrong? And then, don't answer it.

And we totally never thought we'd live this long.

Michelle said...

Safe trip :o)

Footer

Life, as it happens.
Powered By Blogger