Tuesday, December 19, 2006

the king of kings

The best thing about this time of year, other than the friends and family and whatnot, is that tons of little breweries put out bad ass beers. Winter seasonals comprise some of my favorite beers. They're really spicy, and they're almost always really strong. Last year, I wrote at length about the benefits of Anchor Steam's "Our Special Ale" or Anchor Christmas for short. They switch up the recipe every year, and I'm happy to say, after the past couple weeks of extensive testing, they've once again hit a home run.

Coming in as a close, but devastating second is Brown Shugga by Lagunitas. Not only is this one tasty, but it's a hefty 9.9% alcohol by volume. I usually sip one during the course of a night, in front of my television, and fall into blissful sleep. Tonight, I downed two of them and capped them off with an Anchor Christmas. I could go for a good 12-hour nap. But instead, I'm typing this and wondering what train hit me.

It's been fucking cold here, and not California cold either. Actual frigid temperatures have seeped into the valley prison, and walking to my friend's place for a movie and a couple beers was a treacherous journey. The heavy beers warmed me right up, and watching some crazy amphibian monster fuck up Seoul, Korea, got all of us hollering. Good times. But I'm sleepy. Too much time on YouTube. That Justin Timberlake "Dick in the Box" clip is really funny, but I've been on a nostalgia kick lately, and this is my favorite Weezer song.

3 comments:

Erratic Prophet said...

Good song! I've had this song stuck in my head all week too!

Did I mention it's been unseasonably warm here? But, lately, it's been slowly sinking in temperature. It's now 42 degrees. That's down from the mid-60s last week. It'll be nice and frigid by the time you come on over. Mwahahahaha!

if_i_had_a_hammer said...

go on. rub it in. i'm bringing the cold air with me, fuckers! ho ho ho.

Michelle said...

Hey J, have a safe & merry Christmas, happy holidays!

Footer

Life, as it happens.
Powered By Blogger