Thursday, December 29, 2005

home for the holidays

Being home for the holidays rocks. The only thing that sucks is trying not to eat too much. My favorite Christmas gift was a portable DVD player, which pretty much ensures that I'll never ever read again.
Last night, I went to see King Kong, and it was pretty fucking awesome. I really think that Naomi Watts deserves a look for an Oscar nod. If not her, then definitely the cgi Kong ape creature. Me and my sister left the theater with nary a dry eye between us. It was really emo. I have a lot of thoughts about the film, but I'd rather not write them now, because I'm lazy, and I just want to finish this Corona and hang out with my dog (he's sleeping on the chair). Next time, though. In the theater with us was an old friend who I haven't seen in ages and John Franco, former closer for the New York Mets, and one of the greatest left-handed relievers of all time. He's a Staten Island resident, too. We didn't say hi to him considering he was there with his kid to enjoy the film, but me and my sister were really stoked and are telling everyone about it. Everyone.
The night before, I boozed it up hard in the city for the Annual, a yearly thing that my oldest friend and I do. We see each other about once a year. When we do, we go to the city, take a picture at the Rockerfeller tree and then drink a lot of booze. We didn't get home until after 7am. The best thing about New York City is that the Irish pubs, the good ones anyway, serve Guinness in the imperial pints, which are bigger, and I swear the drafts have higher alcohol content too, because we were sauced. At least this year, we remember getting home. The last place we went was this place called McCormack's Public House, and the bartender was way Irish. He told us, "you can get a good pint here, lads." And he wasn't kidding. He also directed us to a deli next door that was open 24 hours. At 3am, I went inside and had a sandwich made fresh right in front of me. I really miss New York sometimes. Oh, and I bumped into comedian Dave Attel at the Playwright pub. People say I look a lot like him. One time, some dude at the bar was convinced I was him, and I told him I wasn't, but that I was his brother. He totally bought it. He was totally drunk.

2 comments:

Erratic Prophet said...

You do kinda look like him. You've got the whole scruff thing going on. Oh, and you're a pervert, too.

Michelle said...

Glad you had an awesome time.
Happy New Year J! May 2006 bring you money...money and more money!

Footer

Life, as it happens.
Powered By Blogger