Thursday, December 08, 2005

downer

Now that the magazine's gone (GONE! DAMN IT!), the last two days, I've gone about reclaiming my life. I took the whole day off yesterday, and it was just about the best thing ever. I sat on the couch in the company of my foster dog and watched shitty shows on MTV like Next and Making the Band 3, the latter had way too many golden moments for me to mention. All I know is, I'm making a point of seeing the finale tomorrow night, because, as Pahdiddy-widdy said in the commercials, "Y'all wanna see who's in the band?! I wanna see who's in the muthafuckin band!!1@!!@" I played a few hours worth of video games, and then went to Red Lobster with my roommate and had the "broiled seafood feast." The cool thing about Red Lobster is that every meal is dubbed a "feast." And "feast" is a fun word to say. We returned home after stopping at the liquor store where I purchased a bottle of Bacardi and a two-liter of Royal Crown cola for mixing purposes. We settled in and I introduced her to the wonders of On-Demand cable from Comcast. Since we have all the movie channels, we have a wide selection of free movies to choose from. We watched The Life Aquatic, which neither of us had seen, and though I heard a lot of people didn't like it, I really enjoyed it, especially the soundtrack, and I think Cate Blanchett might be the best actress working in Hollywood right now.

Today, I didn't go in till noon. I took lunch at 2pm, got back at 3, then diddled around on Myspace for a couple hours and went home at 5. I put all my clothes away and tidied up my room. It turns out that I do have a carpet. I was shocked and amazed. I still need to dust and vacuum, but I didn't want to overdo anything. I poured myself a rum and coke and relaxed in my clutter-free room. The plan was to watch the three episodes of Lost I had on tape, leading into tonight's new episode, but shit didn't go down like it was supposed to.

First of all, Lost wasn't new tonight. I was really pissed at first, but it gave me time to go out to dinner and watch my taped episodes at a leisurely pace. The first taped episode (to avoid spoilers or anything like that, I'll just call it the Michelle Rodriguez episode), which originally aired while I was in Seattle, was pretty damn dope, though the big "fucking wheelchair" moment happened in the middle, and it kinda went flat from there. Still, a very good episode. The second I thought I had on tape turned out to be an hour of Fit TV. I'm not at all a fitness person, but I watch Fit TV sometimes at night, because, for whatever reason, watching people work out puts my mind at ease and allows me to sleep. It's odd, because when I had a gym membership, and actually went, working out only made me more aware of how out of shape I was and how I was probably gonna die soon. Not exactly relaxing. I guess when I rushed home to tape the pre-Thanksgiving episode, I forgot to change the channel. I was bummed.

Luckily, last week's episode, the Kate episode, which originally aired while I was slaving away in the editorial gulag, was really fucking good. I like watching Kate get all emo, because she's cuddly in that "life is totally overwhelming me sort of way." I think she's still the person I'd most like to have save me from drowning. I've put a lot of thought into it. Is that weird? Anyway, the Kate episode was super dope, and I'd like to go into why it was so dope, but I don't want to ruin anything for anyone. The only thing that bothered me was that the scenes for the next episodes started off with the vague "coming next on Lost" anouncement, which means it's anyone's guess as to when the next new episode will be. I don't know why they have to dick us around like this. Just put on the damn episodes, because I really want to know what's going to happen next. And I totally get freaked out everytime they watch that damn instructional movie.

1 comment:

Erratic Prophet said...

It's so '50s instructional video, isn't it? But the video did explain away some of the things on the island. It also makes me wonder about time on the island. You know I keep coming back to time.

Footer

Life, as it happens.
Powered By Blogger