Tuesday, October 25, 2005

friends in a bottle

On the way home from work, I stopped at the liquor store. I hadn't been there in quite some time, and I wasn't the only one who noticed.

"Long time no see!" the owner commented instantly in his thick, vaguely Middle Eastern/Eastern European kinda accent. "Have you been on vacation?"

From drinking? Hell no. But now that the magazine has been sent, I can actually drink away from my home and not at the office or before passing out on my couch for a few hours. I forgot about my buddy at the liquor store. He was so happy to see me, he began pointing out some of his latest beers. He even knocked over a bottle of some kind of liquor walking over to the fridge to show me.

I settled on a 22oz. bottle of double IPA from Moylan's. It had 8.5% alcohol content. I asked him if it was good and he boasted that he sold two cases of it already. That was good enough for me. I wasn't super impressed, but it did taste better once it got warm, and it was thick as fuck too, which was good considering I never really got around to deciding what to have for dinner.

No comments:

Footer

Life, as it happens.
Powered By Blogger