Thursday, October 06, 2005

down cycle

Lost was so exciting tonight that my racoon buddy showed up with another racoon. I think they were after kibble, but the look in their eyes told me they were curious as to why I was hollering and carrying on. I was totally bugged out.


Especially during the "orientation video" portion of the show (I won't spoil it for you, Michelle), but it kinda creeped me out. I felt all...creeped. The first two episodes moved really slow, but I thought this one really established the mindfucks they're going to try to throw our way this season. I'm so excited about this show, that nothing else really matters.

The addition of Michelle Rodriguez (pictured above on the left) also thrills me to no end. She already slugged Sawyer something fierce. She's a total fucking bad ass, and I get the feeling that later this season she's going to have to have a showdown with Lost's alpha female Evangeline Lilly for what will be the greatest on-screen catfight of all time. I hope they have to battle in a river or under a waterfall in tight tank tops...and maybe make out a little. Y'know, but in an artistic sort of way.

I almost didn't make it to Lost. I rushed home from dinner to realize I'd locked my house keys in the house. Luckily, my residential forbears were no strangers to forgeting their keys. As my roommate says, they all had a "window of choice" for sneaking back in. Some of them even have chairs hidden by them for ease of breaking in. That kinda freaks me out a bit, but they sure came in handy tonight! I totally disregarded my fear of spiders and other crawlies to sneak behind a bush and scale my way into my home. With eight whole minutes to spare, too.

We sent the magazine yesterday after what felt like 10 years of production. No overnighters this time, but there were a lot of long days. I'm kinda happy with the way it turned out, but it also freaks me out because two of my stories are featured on the cover. I never want to see the thing again, but I'm sure I'll look at it in a couple of months, just to see how it turned out.

I had a great dinner to celebrate--linguini frutti di mare, and a copious amount at that. As I ate it, it looked like there was more on the plate than when I started. The chef is a friend of my roommate's and coincidentally a really cool guy. I guess he was born in Italy, grew up in England and eventually moved to the States. He came back with my roommate and another friend of hers, and after I made them all go outside while Lost was on--I couldn't have them talking during the show--I went outside to hang out and it was all good times. They got stoned and rambled about stuff, and I swilled on some Guinness left over from the show. After they left, my roommate and I did the dishes and I cracked open the bottle of limoncello she brought back for me from the Italian coast. It's awesome. Each sip makes me want to go to Europe more. Next year...I've promised myself.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I love that photo J!! Thanks heaps for not spoiling it for me....by the time we get the 2nd series here , i will have forgotten anyhow LOL!
I am sooo pissed off we have to wait for freakin eva for the 2nd series.

Footer

Life, as it happens.
Powered By Blogger