Wednesday, October 19, 2005

certainly not a fairytale

There was a bomb threat in downtown tonight. I wasn't there, but my roommate was. She said they closed down a bunch of streets or something. There was a suspicious duffle bag or something and the bomb squad came out and everything. I don't know what the deal was, but they got the thing out of there. It was probably some radical pissed off about all the drunks--or most likely a prank.

The whole time, I was safe and oblivious at home--a belly full of taco salad and a little bit of red wine (I'm still sipping it now). I told a friend I'd edit a manual he'd written for a graduate school project. I like helping people out, but it's been a lot of work. It's 39 pages and I'm a third of the way through it. I'd keep going, but I have to go to bed. While I was working, I kept Scooby Doo 2 on as background noise. I think it was on HBO. I think it was the wine, or my raging hormones (which won't shut the fuck up lately), but my fleeting crush on Linda Cardellini, who plays the ultra nerdy, vaguely lesbian indie scenester Velma.

I think she was also on Freaks and Geeks or something, and she may still be on ER, but I never watch either of those two shows. I do know that she's not as homely as the be-turtlenecked heroine she portrayed (I wouldn't mind if she kept on the Velma glasses though...yum); she stars in this really cool short called Certainly Not a Fairytale (see how this all links together? I'm on some cyclical shit. That's how I roll); and, like Counting Backwards favorite Asia Argento, may very well be Italian.

I'd like to go on, but we're having a local business brouhaha at the office tomorrow. At 7fuckin'30 in the morning. It's one of those things that I don't have to be at, but it would be nice if I did go, which basically means I have to be there. I'm not really looking forward to it, but I'm hoping I can get into the office early and after all the back-slapping, ass-grabbing yokels leave, I'll be able to get a bunch of work done and get the fuck out early. Linda will have to wait another day, I suppose. Don't worry, baby. I'll make you ravioli.

2 comments:

Erratic Prophet said...

You do realize, of course, that making ravioli would actually entail cooking, right?

Michelle said...

Raging hormones? Dude, you gotta get laid, your blog is beginning to take on a common theme here!

Footer

Life, as it happens.
Powered By Blogger