Tuesday, August 12, 2008

america is way too fucking big

I'm alive. Mostly. And in Denver. It was a long day of driving...about 14 hours in total, and I'm really tired. Listened to more "mainstream modern country" than I'd care to admit. I climbed rocks in Utah and chased lizards. I'm just happy to not be in the car, and I'm sure Kimiko's pretty stoked that she's done for the night. Tomorrow, me and my Denver buddy are going to wander around the city for a bit before I'm off to Omaha, where I'll probably just get tanked at the Motel 6 and write all night or go to a strip club. But who knows. I may be industrious and do both. Tomorrow should be an easier day of driving, because I think it's all downhill from here...at least it better be. If I ever see another mountain again, I'll kill myself. More later.
Most Epic Sing-a-long of the day: "Angel of the Morning" by I'm not sure who...There are about a million versions. I don't know what came over me.
Trip Rule #2: Singing along to country music is fine as long as you're drinking a road soda.

3 comments:

Erratic Prophet said...

The only version that matters is Juice Newton's! The rest pale in comparison.

if_i_had_a_hammer said...

Obviously you've never heard Shaggy's version...

Erratic Prophet said...

Do I even KNOW you?!

Footer

Life, as it happens.
Powered By Blogger